The IONA® test is a non-invasive prenatal test for pregnant women which estimates the risk of a fetus having Down’s syndrome (T21), Edwards' syndrome (T18) and Patau’s Syndrome (T13). IONA® Care looks additionally for select Sex Chromosome Aneuploidies (SCAs) and Autosomal Aneuploidies (AAs). The IONA® test and IONA® Care are available via our network of partner clinics and healthcare providers. The samples are processed at Yourgene Genomic Services in Manchester, UK.
IONA® and IONA® Care are advanced screening tests carried out on a small blood sample taken from the mother’s arm with no risk of miscarriage. Fetal sex determination is available optionally from some providers. Please ask your healthcare professional for further information.
- Safe: non-invasive with no risk of miscarriage
- Fast: results available in 2-5 working days from sample receipt in the laboratory
- Accurate: Overall 99.99% detection of trisomy conditions (trisomy 21, 18 and 13)
- Local:the IONA® test and IONA® Care are analysed at Yourgene Genomic Services in Manchester, UK. We also have a network of clinical laboratories offering IONA® locally to pregnant women. Contact us for further information.
- Quality: the IONA® test is a highly regulated screening test which is made in the UK and CE marked
The IONA® test and IONA® Care, like all other non-invasive prenatal tests (NIPT), are screening tests and high risk results should be confirmed by a follow-up invasive procedure such as amniocentesis.
The IONA® Test for pregnant women leaflet download here.
IONA® Care leaflet download here.