We can carry out epigenetic analysis using several platforms.
- The Illumina EPIC Microarray covers 850,000 targets and is suitable for use with degraded FFPE material
- qPCR based assays
- Next generation sequencing (Ion Torrent and Illumina)
These technologies are suitable for analysing methylation changes in a wide range of sample numbers (1-100,000+) and for target numbers from 1-850,000.
- Methylation is a mechanism of epigenetics where methyl groups are added to DNA molecules. This process of methylation causes inheritable changes to the DNA segment without changing the DNA sequence itself.
- Methylation plays a vital role in optimising the function of many processes within the body including:
- DNA repair
- Hormone regulation
- Immune system health
- Energy production
- Strengthening the nervous system
- Protecting against cancer