The IONA® test is available as a clinical service at Premaitha Laboratory Services based in Manchester, UK. The clinical laboratory is registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) an independent regulator of health and social care in England. Quality is key at Premaitha and pregnant women can be confident they will receive their NIPT results from a regulated and trusted clinical laboratory. In addition, the lab supports new laboratory customers as an interim screening facility whilst their own lab is being established. The service laboratory will also provide an important back-up option for our IONA® customers during busy periods, ensuring results are delivered to healthcare professionals in a timely manner.
- Test results are available in 3-5 working days from sample receipt in the laboratory.
- Premaitha Clinical Service Laboratory opening hours are Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm (UK time)
- All patient information provided will be held confidentially and may be used for auditing and quality control and data will be anonymised.
All samples that are received at the Premaitha Clinical Service Laboratory in Manchester are subjected to a strict acceptance and rejection criteria and occasionally blood samples will be quarantined until the issues are resolved:
- Samples must contain 10ml blood
- A signed consent form must be included with each sample
- Each sample must contain two unique sample identifiers such as patient ID, surname, forename, date of birth
- Gestational age must be 10 weeks or more
Premaitha Clinical Service Laboratory
Manchester Science Park
T: +44 (0) 161 669 8122
Premaitha Health complaints policy
At Premaitha we are committed to continually improving the development and supply of high quality diagnostic products and laboratory services, that benefit not only the individuals being investigated but also healthcare establishments that test them.
As part of this commitment, Premaitha has a complaints policy that allows us to investigate any incidents of complaint from a customer and put in place the appropriate corrective and preventative actions. Premaitha will communicate back to the customer in a timely manner the outcome of the investigation.