The COVID-19 pandemic is an ongoing global pandemic. COVID-19 (also referred to as Coronavirus), is caused by the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). Coronaviruses are enveloped RNA viruses. They are names as such due to the spike proteins projecting from their surface. SARS-CoV-2 is one of 7 total coronaviruses that commonly infect humans and is one of the 5 beta coronaviruses.
It became apparent that there was a need for more accurate testing to correctly identify those people who are infected with COVID-19. Yourgene Health have developed a highly accurate* Clarigene® SARS-CoV-2 test. This is currently available for Research Use Only. A CE-IVD kit is also now available.
- Fast turnaround time after RNA extraction.
- High accuracy with 100% specificity*
- Human RNase P control designed as a true RNA control ensuring low false negatives
- Assay uses N gene target which is SARS-CoV-2 specific so no cross reactivity with other Coronaviruses
- Kit includes Mastermix, ROX, primers and probes
- Compatible with RNA extracted from nasopharyngeal swabs
- Assay can be easily adapted to an automatic workflow
- RUO kit contains reagents for 96 samples
- Compatible with qPCR machines such as Roche LightCycler, ABI 7500 and Quantstudio
Clarigene® is a UK registered trademark of Yourgene Health plc.