The IONA® test is a non-invasive prenatal test for pregnant women which estimates the risk of a fetus having Down’s syndrome (Trisomy 21), Edwards’ syndrome (Trisomy 18) and Patau’s syndrome (Trisomy 13). The test is performed by analysing cell-free placenta-fetal DNA from a maternal blood sample, with test results available in as little as 3 days. Allowing pregnant women fast, reliable results and reducing the need for invasive tests and the associated stress and anxiety.
- Available from as early as 10 weeks gestation
- 99.8% overall detection rate and <1% false positive rate
- Fetal sex determination optional
- Results available in 3-5 days
- Low re-draw rate <0.5%
- Measures fetal fraction, requiring as little as ≥2%
- European CE-IVD NIPT pregnancy screening which allows local testing