Yourgene Health is currently recruiting for a Clinical Service Laboratory Technician at our Manchester office.
Job Title: Clinical Service Laboratory Technician
Reports to: Clinical Service Laboratory Manager
Description of Role:
Due to our recent expansion of the business a new opportunity has arisen for a Clinical Service Laboratory Technician to join the Clinical Service Laboratory team at our Manchester site. The Clinical Laboratory Technician will play a key role in routine screening of maternal blood samples. They will also support the customer training facility.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Execute laboratory work to excellent standard with meticulous attention to detail
- Process clinical samples in timely fashion upon receipt
- Be responsible for the generation of experimental data
- Ensure the quality of experimental data, results and methodology used
- Liaise with Laboratory Manager to ensure adequate levels of consumables and reagents.
- Ensure own work meets regulatory & quality requirements
- General lab maintenance and upkeep
- Yourgene Health management (e.g. C&P Manager)
- Other Yourgene Health functions (e.g. Quality, Business Development, Legal, Finance, logistics)
- External consultants appointed by Yourgene Health
- External companies (e.g., suppliers, commercial partners, etc)
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Experience as an NHS Practitioner or equivalent clinical laboratory role.
- Proficiency in operating automated lab equipment (preferably including the use of robotic liquid handling systems)
- Hands on experience with molecular biology applications ideally using next-generation sequencing technologies
- Meticulous scientific technique and attention to detail
- Enthusiasm, drive, thoroughness, diligence and a willingness to take personal responsibility to ensure that time lines are successful
- Strong communication and organisational skills, a collaborative attitude and the ability to work well under pressure
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office suite
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Constructive challenge
- No phones/laptops in meetings
- Be on time
- Provide feedback